Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hair Cut Day

We had a really warm day today a nice break from the horrid cold we have been having. The next couple of days are going to be warm as well. So I took full advantage of the day and clipped down some bunns. I got 4 bunnies cut today. I was most impressed with Symphanie and Ava. I am really liking the texture of their wool and the amount they harvested. Mommy of the two is Adah who was also clipped and she gave me 8oz of prime wool. I still have my chestnut German cross doe to clip and then the bunny clips are done for a month or two.

I have some more Giant on the wheel as well. Its Sue's doe Fuzzy Navols first clip and I have found I really dont like to spin the first clip. I like the feel of the texture of the adult coat alot better and I think it has a nicer halo to it as well.

I have lots and lots of wool to get spun, everytime I clip I pick one of the bunns and save its coat for myself I'm saving Symphanies coat this time. I also got some English wool form Candy that is some really nice looking Choc Tort. As soon as I get the Giant done I am going to start spinning this. I haven't spun English before so I am really looking forward to it. This week must have been goodie week in the mail box for me I also go some very nice roving samples form Annette. There is some teal BFL, Cream Wensleydale, and Brown Cottswold/Mohair. I have some small pieces of other rovings that are blues and greens so I think all that with what Annette sent me will make a very nice colorful scarf.

Have a blessed day and enjoy the nice temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment