Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Roving

My roving came back from Stonehenge the other day! I sent in 2 different ones a pure white mohair and the yummiest blend I have spun yet. Its a soft pink merino, alpaca, and angora. I am not sure how much of each I had some pink alpaca and some white merino and thought I would just throw it together and send it when I sent the mohair out. Then I spotted a couple bags of angora on top of the fiber stash so I threw it in to, and man is it yummy! I was going to start on my English wool form Candy after I finished the Giant wool but once I seen this blend I just could not wait to spin it, so on the wheel it went last night. Its so easy and lovely to spin like a pink little cloud. I am spinning it kinda thin so I am not sure what I will do with it, and I am thinking of doing a 3 ply yarn with it also. I only have 3 bobbins and would need 4 for a 3 ply, but when I used my drop spindle I would wind off on an empty pop bottle and use them as bobbins so I could do that again. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of that idea though.

I am still waiting on Misty to have babies she was due Wednesday but nothing yet. There are babies in there I just don't want to wait any longer for them get out! Nothing like a box full of cuties.

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see this roving. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin, Dustin, Dustin....... Don't you know better than to post something like this without pictures? How MEAN!!! Its bad enough we can't feel it.
    Get busy with the camera fella!

    ReplyDelete