Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Ending

The pair of BEW FAs found a new home today. They went to be spinner bunnies for a lady wanting to learn to spin. I think they got lucky and found a really good home. I was very happy with the little doe she has came such a long way and has grown a gorgeous coat! I almost clipped her yesterday so I could spin it myself my fingures were iching! I resisted though and let the new owners have her and her coat but it was hard its not like I dont have a ton of wool to spin anyways.

The lady hasn't started spinning yet and didn't have a wheel or a drop spindle so I gave her some Jacob wool roving, my drop spindle, and a brief demo on how I used it since the way I did it is not they way your going to find on the net but I believe is a lot easier! I dont use them anymore since I got my wheel so it was time to move on to someone who would. I let her know about the fiber event coming in April at Greencastle so I hope to see her again there and see how she is doing.

Ava didn't have any babies last week so I bred her again to Nimbus this time. I am hoping if she takes they babies will have lots and lots of wool like daddy and mommies texture. Misty is also do this week so she got a nest box today I'm hoping for lots of torts in this litter and not many blacks.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment