Monday, July 26, 2010

BABIES!!!

I was not expecting these guys for at least one more day but was pleasantly surprised when mom heard chirps coming from the spare room where my incubator is.

There are 8 in the shoe box here and one still in the incubator drying off some. I will take him out in the morning to join his siblings. These eggs were a gift from a man in TX I bought some alpaca fleeces from. So are totally unrelated to the trio of Quail I currently have. I will keep you updated if more hatch out! God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. Do these guys pretty much stay around the farm when they get older or do they tend to fly off or stray? I suppose they stay where the feed is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep them in cages, that way I can collect the eggs and hatch babies or eat the eggs. I had an omlet out of quail eggs the other day they are very good eggs. I would think that if they were loose they would disappear.

    ReplyDelete