Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In my little world lately

Its been some time since my last post so I wanted to pop in and give you and update on what has been going on. We shall go from worst to best in this so hang on it gets better! I had some very bad luck with my lambs shortly after I got them. I am not totally sure if the dog got in the pen with them and they all busted through the gate or if my horse busted the gate open (he has thumbs I think!) and they got out. Either way the dogs got my 2 lambs a very very bad day at my house that evening. The Dr has told me that I do indeed have diabetes. I have been slowly gaining weight over the past couple years so that and both my parents having it to I am sure I was a shoo in. So I am on metformin for once a day right now and will go up to twice a day in another week. However no matter what goes wrong God is always there and makes it better!

I have joined a gym in town, Anytime Fitness, which I am really enjoying so far. I go with a couple girls I hung out with in school so it good to catch up and talk with them on a regular basis. Trying to eat right kinda sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do even if you do like the candy bar. I will be going to see the dietitian as well to get on the right track.



These are all pics of the new barn I am having build for my spinners flock. Its a 20X24 so I wont end up with 100 sheep, I know how I get so I need to have a set limit! There will be a guard llama and I have very strongly been considering an LGD as well to keep them safe. We are going to split the big pasture in half and put up a high tinsel fence with lots of room for grazing. So once all this gets done I will be going to pick up a couple lambs with lesson learned. So no matter what goes wrong in life the good Lord always provides and makes a way out! God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you do have a lot going on. Good that you got to the doctor. I'll keep you in my prayers for your fitness efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your lambs lost and health set-back. Will be praying for blessings on your new sheep-stock and for your health. 'Sounds like you are doing the right things with exercise and diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the lambs! Best of luck with the diet and exercise, it will make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete