Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Testimony

I met with Deb Whited last weekend to deliver a French Angora kit and she asked me a question I have not been asked in a long time. She wanted to know my testimony and since tomorrow is Easter I thought I would share it with you all.

Most of you just know the quite guy at the rabbit shows that keeps to himself and is easy to get a long with for the most part. However that has not always been the case in fact I was almost the total opposite before the good Lord started working on my heart. I was a pretty good kid all the way through school but then when I got out of school is when all the problems started. I had struggled with my sexuality since a young age and had just "came out" when I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. It did not take long before I started trying pot, pills and drinking. Once that started I found my drug of choice, meth. I would do anything to get it including stealing from friends and family and had to have it everyday. I had developed a very strong addiction to it. I was always trying to fill this need I had and soon drugs was not enough so I started sleeping around to try and fill that need. I won't go into detail about the things I did because somethings are better left unsaid but I was going down a dark twisty path very fast.

There was a little girl in Crothersville IN that was murdered, at first a guy came forward and said she walked up on some stuff going on with meth and thats why she was murdered. We would late find out that was not true however that was the first story. I remember going to a friends house a few days later with her mom, mom's bf, her bf, her and I, we all stayed up all night long doing our thing and playing cards. This little girl was on my mind throughout the hole night. The nest day I was invited to church with a friend from High School so me and my buzz were off to church that night. On my way home I knew what I was doing was wrong and a little girl just lost her life over it and that was pointless there was no reason for it. I said ONE prayer that night on my way home and asked God to help me get off the drugs. Thats all it took that one prayer and I no longer had to have them it was amazing. I was not saved at this time and this was not the end of my story. I still had drinking problem and was hanging out with the wrong crowd. Living life as a homosexual going to the bars and doing other things I should not have done.

After moving out of my parents and into a friends house the drinking and sleeping around got much much worse. Little did I know God still had plans for me. I had been working where I do now for a couple years and developed quite a rep for things and being loud and mouthy always in trouble with management I honestly dont know how I have my job still. A young man came to work on my line right out of homeschooling and I had some very unhealthy interests toward him right way. Being I was not a shy guy at work it did not take me long to start making my moves. Boy did God have a news flash for me there! This guy and I stated talking exchanged numbers and was talking outside of work as well. One night after work he brought up God and being saved, we talked about that for 2 nights about how Jesus died on the cross so I could someday see Heaven and have a better life IF i chose to. There were lots of questions and lots of tears, how God would ever want a guy like me that has done some unspeakable things I could not understand. Once I made up my mind sitting Indian style on my bed it was all over. With ONE prayer my life would be changed forever. Overnight God had made a huge difference in me. I went from the guy that was cursing every other word to not using those words at all. From being an out and proud homosexual to admitting it was a sin and we should turn away from it the same as we do all other sins. It was a total 180 and boy am I better person today for just asking God to come into my heart and show me how to live.

You see no matter what you are doing have done or who you are God sent his Son to die for you. No matter how far down you have fallen He can pull you back up and wash you in the Blood. This is the one true thing in life you will get for free all you have to do is say a simple prayer, admit your a sinner the same as I and ask Jesus to be your savior and live in your heart. You see Easter is the day Jesus rose from the grave to give us all a way to get to heaven a way to live the good life. Easter is the day Jesus defeated Satan. Easter is the day Jesus paved us a path to Heaven. I hope I meet all of you there one day walking in the streets of gold and living the good life with no more suffering or hurting of any kind. If this post has inspired you and you have more questions feel free to contact me at psalms121@rocketmail.com or go to your local church and talk to the Paster. I pray this post helps one of you get saved and meet Jesus in Heaven on that sweet day. Until then have a happy Easter and remember the reason we celebrate this day. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that, Dustin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dustin.
    He is amazing and I am grateful that in everything He is there for us if we only ask.

    ReplyDelete