Saturday, April 17, 2010

Busy busy busy...

It seems like the last couple weeks have flown by! Last weekend I had the fiber festival in Greencastle IN. Sales were really good and I was lucky enough to get an inside booth right next to Debbie, Sharon, and Isis.

I ended up buying about 5lbs of white Cormo and 3lbs of colored Cormo BL cross, and 3lbs of the nicest Shetland I have ever seen, and I traded one rabbit for a light fawn cria alpaca fleece. I have some fawn angora I could have blended with that and it would be oooh so soft.

Today I got all the rabbit poo cleaned up out of the barn and put on the garden. There was quite a bit since I have not cleaned it out since last fall. We should have some nice tomatoes in the garden this year with all that poo! I got the last of my white Cormo in the rinse now and have dyed 1 1/2lbs of white angora today.

This will be used for my next roving and will be blended with several colors of Cormo. I have not totally made up my mind if I want to add glitz to the roving yet or not. It will give it that pow that I am going for with all my oranges but also make it a little girly. Since most spinners are female though it may be a good idea though. Next post I will have pics of all the new critters here on the homestead. I think it was Annette who asked the beginning of the year what all critters I would get this year so stay tuned.... LOL God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting a new critter too but you will have to wait until next Sunday to see it. In the mean time no guessing. LOL

    The colors above look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now BOTH of you have made me curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you had good sales! Sunny has settled right down and seems happy. =)

    See you in Franklin in June!

    ReplyDelete