Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Only me!

I manged to really do it this time! Anyone who really knows me is not surprised at all knowing I am an animal NUT! A little over a week ago I came home from church Sunday morning to find turkeys across from my driveway (not wild turkeys btw), later I noticed them walk by the living room window. I said, I am going to have those turkeys. I wait it out, give them some time to get to the barn, when I go out Moses is barking over by the round pen. All 3 turkeys are on the gate, I walk up and grab one put her in the chicken house, one jumps down the dogs chase it, the other jumps up in the tree. Not very high just high enough I think I can still get it. Here is where my swift thinking comes in LOL. I go to the barn and grab a ladder. I know I know what was I thinking! Get up the ladder almost to the turkey but it flies higher in the tree so I start to come back down the ladder, get halfway or so down and it falls. I land on my left foot feel my knee shift to one side and fall to the ground. So I lay on the ground for a bit and them hobble to the house. The Dr said I either pulled or tore the muscels in my knee. It has been swollen and pretty sore but is starting to get better now. I have not been using my crutches as much even though the Dr says about 2 more weeks I think thats a little extreme. So next time you see a turkey think of me! LOL Hope that made you all laugh, once I get back to myself I will post pics of a skien I dyed with onion skins! God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dustin, that is what happens when you try to get Turkeys! LOL I hope you feel better and recover soon. Take a picture of the Turkey so we can see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the Turkey's get you down! Such adventures in farming, lol. All joking aside Dustin I do so hope you take care of that knee!! Knee injuries can haunt you for life if you are not careful. Trust me I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dustin, wanna borrow my cane? LOL Actually, I think I'll keep it for a while. It seems all my internet friends are copying off me and breaking legs, ankles, bones in feet, and now you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Dustin that is a fine how do you do :-) I hope you are feeling better. I raised some turkeys from a nest that was disturbed while haying once. Only one survived but he was a real hoot to live around. He would stand at the front window and look in along side our German Shepherd dog. Also they shared the same food bowl from time to time..since he liked dog food. I hope you get lots of laughs out of your new turkeys...and that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had such a spill. Hope the turkeys are doing well.
    I am contacting you as I have an interest in Giant Angora Rabbits and was referred to you.
    I'm in SW Ohio (outside of Cincinnati) and wondering if you will be at the Marietta show and have any rabbits available at this time.
    I can be reached at JSShinden@cinci.rr.com or LilyGardenCreations.blogspot.com.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete