Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Fair Pics

It has been raining all day here in Southern Indiana the perfect weather for sleeping. I on the other hand have been spinning spinning spinning, got the Coopworth spun into singles and plied the Wensleydale, and then pulled out the huge bag of Alpaca to pick a color and start spinning, I picked a salt and pepper batt to start with there are so many colors in that bag! So I thought I would post some more pics for the fair when it was not raining and we had sunshine! Turkeys in the Poulty building. I wanna a turkey!This little girl is a goat milking pro! She had a pen full of does to milk. I should have asked if they make goat milk soap but never thought of it then. Guess what else I want? LOLLlama, aint it cute! I have been trying to talk my parents into letting us get a llama FOREVER I have even picked a name already, Gama. LOL then I can say this is my llama Gama. I have issues I know.Little Alpaca. Could you believe that the people in the Llama and Alpaca club did not do anything with that lovely wool! I talked to 2 of them about buying some wool so we will see what happens. We have an auction on the Fri night at the fair for the kids to sell their animals. Since llamas and alpacas are not meat animals they can not sell them but the llama club sold a park bench with all the money going back to the club. I thought it was kinda odd they didn't make something will the wool and sell that. I have thought about making something out of handspun llama and donating to the club to sell next year, a shawl or afgan would be perfect! Hmm we shall see about that one. Hey what are looking at?I ain't much of a cow person but you gotta love babies! The Mini 4Hers get to show these little guys. How lucky are they thats the class I wanna show in! Little kids leading around little calves who could resist that one?This is a hungry little guy. Baby goats are the cuttest things in the world! God Bless and I hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment