Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4H Rabbit Show

I took off work today to go watch my niece and nephew show rabbits at the fair. This was Ashley's first year in regular 4H and Austins first year in Mini 4H. They both done GREAT and I was so proud of them. This is Austin with his Netherland Dwarf and his trophy. He was so proud of that little trophy.This is Ashley with her New Zealand White buck. She went on to win BOS with him and was thrilled. This is a shot of all the kids show the meat pens. They are lined up all around the show area and at the table. There were either 29 or 30 kids in this class, each kid had 3 rabbits that had to to almost idetical in body type and wieght as well as haveing the best body types. The judge went over all the rabbits and then made his first cut only 7 kids were still on the table.....Here is a shot of the seven kids that made the cut Ashley is the second one on the rightThe judge made another cut down to 3 kids and Ashley is still hangin there! Can you believe that out of all those kids she is still there! Sorry for the dark pic.ASHLEY WON RESERVE CHAMPION MEAT PEN!!!!!! Out of all those kids my little niece got Reserve Champ with her little California Meat Pen! She was so happy. We were all so proud of her she took very good care of her rabbits and has worked very hard!

I took lots of other photos of all the other animals I will post next time. There were llamas and alpacas there and I was able to talk to 2 people about getting llama and alpaca wool. So if all goes right I may have found some local fleeces, no luck with finding a sheep fleece this year mostly Hamps and Sulfocks (sp?) there. I pray God Blessed your day and much as He did mine today. The good Lord truely gave me a perfect day watching the kids and being with family what could be better!

2 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations are in order for your niece and nephew! I can't stop saying that we are SO waiting for September to show!

    ReplyDelete