Monday, April 13, 2009

Just some thoughts and other ramblings

Sorry its been so long since I have posted anything. I have been tossing things around in my head a lot lately, about breeding for color more. As most of you know I have my black Germans that I am hoping I can get enough of my lines blood into them to breed black to black. Also I have sweet dreams of little fawns dancing in my head, what a sweet day that will be when I get my first fawn. I have been thinking of adding some more colors though and maybe not breeding whites at all once i get a good start. Even if that does means I cant show for the time being. Colors will be excepted in Giants sooner or later. Colors I would like to add to what I have are Blue, Lilac and Choc. I believe these self colors will breed very well with my blacks and if I stay with the self color breeding I am hoping my colors wont fade as much and will go all the way down the hair shaft. I am also unsure if I want to add English or French to get the colors I want. French may be the best thing to add since the body type is the same and they are a bigger rabbit. Of course then there is do I sell some or most of my whites to people that are showing or do I hang onto all of them or just the best couple ones? I guess the best thing to do is test breed and see who is carrying what genes to see if they would be any help in that breeding program or not. I still have a lot to learn about genetics wow can that be confusing to my little head! God Bless I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and remembered the true meaning of Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment