Friday, April 24, 2009

3 Weeks I cant believe it!!!

Well 3 weeks ago today I left for a trip to SC with Dan and Tonya to see a couple preachers, the preachers turned out to be a flop (they believe in Lordship Salvation) and we left at the intermission but the trip was not a total waste look where were went!THE OCEAN!!! We went to folly beach 2 days in a row it was so nice down there I really didn't want to come home at all. You have not lived until you go to the ocean and eat fresh sea food! WOW shrimp clams oysters fish and scallops YUMMY I'm getting hungry again. This is a pic of the church we went to, how awesome is that! It was so on a college campus in Charelston SC. The town itself was nothing to look at but the campus was nice and the beaches rock as always. This was only the second time I had seen the ocean and it was the first time Tonya has ever seen it. Its the only place I know where you can go in water up mid thigh and still get soaked! While all this was great the reason I am so excited and happy about it being 3 weeks is because the day we left was MY FIRST DAY OF NOT SMOKING AND ITS NOW BEEN 3 WEEKS OF A SMOKE FREE LIFE!!!!!! I am so happy even if I am eating enough to make a horse sick and I am getting so fat LOL.

I hope that this inspires someone reading this blog that smokes to quite as well. I was up to a pack and a half a day and now nothing. God is amazing I never thought I could do this but I have and I am making it! Not only is smoking looked down at by the world but it is unbiblical to boot here are a couple of verses to study form my KJV bible.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corintians 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness on the fear of God.

If anyone needs any prayers please let me know and I will pray for your and offer advice to help. God Bless I pray each of you find Salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on quitting smoking...that is no small feat. I wish my sister would, she has been smoking all her adult life and she is 60 now. Oh the beach pics are lovely...good for you!

    ReplyDelete