Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baptized

I was baptized today and finally joined the church, so I now have a home church and a church family. I was really nervous before hand (I didn't want to get up infront of everyone) but after words I realized it wasn't so bad. I got a pleasant surprise today to find out that Dan's little brother John was getting baptized as well. There were 3 of us doing it all together today which made it a lot easier since I was not the only one. My parents, little brother, niece, and nephew all came to watch and support me today which made it very special having my family there in church with me.

After church Mom and Dad went to get chicken and cake while Austin and I went to get feed for the rabbits and dogs. I should have known not to take Austin to TSC with me I knew he would get me in trouble. You see they have baby chics and I alway make a quick tour around the chics to check them out and hurry and get me feed to get out before I end up with chics. Well that didn't work today and we will just blame Austin since he made me do it LOL. Well we walked out with feed and 15 baby chics. Not sure what kind they are the tag just said assorted mixed. Once they get so big TSC puts them on sale to try and sell them before they start jumpin out of the water troughs. That and Austin making me was all I needed to be pushed over the edge. How can you tell your 7 year old nephew no?There was a time right after High School when I sold all my animals and didn't have anything but a dog. How things have changed in my old age and for the better! I am getting back to how I use to be before the bad years as I call them since I made so many stupid decisions. Not sure my parents are ready for all the critters again but I am! I dont know how anyone ever lives life without pets I still dont know how I did it, but I thank God everyday for giving me the second chance to live and what a great life I do live! God Bless and have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Brother!
    What church do you belong to?
    I hope you got a nice group of hens in your mixed batch of chicks. Now you need a LGD to protect all this livestock. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIFTEEN?! Is that a normal number of chicks to have? I don't have a clue what it takes to raise them.
    Make a note to never shop with the seven year old again;>)

    ReplyDelete