Sunday, December 20, 2009

BFL Splash

I got some white BFL locks from Out of the Blue If you have not visited that site yet make sure you do. Anyways back to the locks. I ran the tips over one of my hand carders to open them up a little and carded some white onto my carder.

Dyes some of the locks sapphire blue and violet. The blue shows up better than the violet in this pic but the locks took dye VERY well.

I then "hand painted" them onto my carder (sorry I should have got a pic of that) and ran it through the carder 3 times.

I still have some more to play with then I will be spinning. If I remember I will post pics of the finished yarn before I knit it into whatever it becomes. I have really liked working with this BFL I may have to rethink my sheep thoughts. God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. LOLOL BFL and angora are made for each other, Dustin! And BFL and kid mohair......and BFL and alpaca.........
    Besides, they are exceptionally sweet and friendly sheep, and and the wethers are big enough to have lamb chops....

    Now.............who do we know who raises them????

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I dont think I can find a trust worthy breeder LOL just kidding! I will have to save some of my locks to blend with some Angora that will be the true test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that blue all by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustin, trust me, BFL and Angora will be one of your very favorite blends, if not *the* most favorite blend! Much as I love Cormo and Merino, BFL is "perfect". I will, someday, have some BFLs of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dustin,
    I am impressed with what you have been doing with your carder and wool.

    ReplyDelete