Sunday, August 23, 2009

BABIES BABIES BABIES!

I think my curse from last fall is over, I finally have little ones and they are not getting sick and dieing. In fact I have babies coming out my ears! Thursday while I was at work Wildhare's Red Dawn had a litter with Dan Dan, all look to be agouti so more than likely Dan Dan does not carry 'e' like I was hoping. Now I had thought the Dan Dan was 'aa' since all his litters with colored does have been black, does were black and choc, but maybe he is 'Aa' since all these babies look Agouti, or else Red Dawn is 'AA'. Any of you genetic geniuses please feel free to let me know what you think. Here is a pick of Red Dawn's litter the day they were born. Ava's litter that I thought was black and agouti are all black. So she will work very well for my black color project. Hopefully she can soften up the texture on my black Germans, they are form the 06 import and the wool is just to course. You can really tell a difference when you spin and knit it, like night and day the difference between the 06 imports and my older lines. I do not like to spin wool from my black German doe at all, but it does work well for blends. Ava and Doro's litterThe babies out of my agouti doe Bertha are getting big and starting to eat pellets as well. There are a total of 11 in the litter and mom has raised all of them, 2 fawns, 1 tort all 3 I think are does right now, the rest are agouti. All the agouti babies will more than likely be looking for a forever home so if your lookin for a wooler let me know, they are mostly French only being 40%German. Bertha and Doro's litterGod Bless hope you enjoyed all the babies!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dustin, you got lots of cute babies there! I wish we had some, but the heat has been tough in San Antonio, Texas, that we had to postpone our breeding till Mid-late October. Keep us in your prayers! We desperately need the weather to change and get cooler.

    ReplyDelete