Thursday, May 28, 2009

Felting

Annette sent me the pattern link for the felted purses she has made. They are an easy knit that does not take much time at all and will make great gifts for the girls in the family. I had to man it up a little LOL making a purse is not exactly the manly thing to do but neither is knitting and spinning. I aint the only guys that does these things thou there just is not very many of us. Thats good thou more attention form the ladies for all of us LOL. So back to the purse, I used orange BL and gray Shetland yarn and added a flap to make it look more like a messanger bag. Here is a pic of it before I felted it. Here is one after I felted it.I have been spinnig alot lately since almost all the rabbits are cut down right now and I have yarn hanging everywhere. I have been saving all my angora brushings and spun them all up together the other night. Looks really good with chestnut white red and black wool all spun in one yarn. Once I get the twist set I will take a pic and post for everyone to see. God Bless keep those bunns cool!

2 comments:

  1. Dustin,
    That looks awesome!!! I love the way you added the flap. Could you email me and tell me how you did it? I thought this pattern would adapt well to making a messenger bag and I think the colors you used are great. Boy you just whipped this up in no time. I do love knitting this pattern because as you mentioned it is easy. I have some yarn aside that I got at Wooster to make another bag. I might work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dustin, you did a great job! May I have a link to that pattern, please?

    By the way, what's up with the comment on "...a purse is not exactly the manly thing to do but neither is knitting and spinning" Don't put us Men down bud remember we Dudes need to stick together and show that being able to do both male and female things make us better men. LOL
    OH, and you are right; you "aint the only guy that does these things thou there just is not very many of us".

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete