Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hard at work!

This is what the bunnies have been up to the past couple of months 5lbs 2oz of yummy goodness!
Since I don't make it to many shows I have been working on wool production. This is what I have collected since the last time I sold my wool the end of Jan or Feb. The big bag is all white but there is also some black, chestnut and a little Sable FA. I saved some red FA and I dyed some GA pink for myself to spin. I found I have been breeding for body type too much and ignoring density so I have alot of work to do before everyone is producing like they should be. A lot of judges pay more attention to body and less to wool when our standard says the opposite I guess I have been to.

There are still 4 more bunns in the barn that will need cut down next month if I can keep coats that long so I am thinking of finding a fleece to blend some of it with, which means more dying! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a fleece yesterday from Lisa, washed it today and am planning to send it out with my lighter colored angora. It's lovely wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is sure a big bag of angora....lucky you! Just imagine how much you will boost your fiber production when you focus on selecting for density. Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno, Dustin, Smoke seems pretty dense to me... especially for a black. I think you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete