Thursday, January 29, 2009

Weaving

Did anyone read the posts about weaving sticks on the NCAG blog? I just had to have some when I read those 2 post. I ordered them the day before yesterday and they came in the mail today! All the way form CA can you say fast shipping? So I got some CVM Alpaca that I spun up form roving I got from Lisa and started weaving away. I am on my third piece already. I think it will be a scarf when its all done. I am weaving pieces about a foot long and will stich them together. I haven't made up my mind yet but I may do some of it with my gray shetland I spun last week. So far its keeping my attention a lot better than knitting does but I wont give up on my knitting yet.

I just got done spinning some angora donated by my first Giant doe Harrah. I am going to save this and make myself something, I usually give away the things I make. I am on a role with making something out of my first bunns. I gave Lisa some Giant and French wool at a show in Ohio, she spun the Giant and sent it back to me, such a sweet lady! That wool is from my first German buck Doogie and I made a hat with his wool so I am thinking scarf with Harrah's wool. I will have to dye it the same blue color so they match if I can remember how much dye I used.

Thats all the news I got for today nothing really going on with the foot of snow we got cant do much. Have a good evening everyone and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment