Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Update

I was a little worried about Symphanie's little ones, she didn't seem to be getting her milk in as soon as I would like. I thought that since I had taken the babies away and brought them in the house that might have been the problem. So I bit the bullet and hung a heat lamb so they could stay with mommy. Then I plucked some of the wool on her belly to help induce milk production and it seems to have worked babies are looking good this morning. I was a little excited when I counted I think there are only 6 little ones 3 blacks and 3 rews. I am hoping to lots of does! I tend to get a lot of little boys here, and I am not what you would call buck poor by no means

Cher's babies are doing really well! There is 2 does a black and a rew and 2 black bucks. The rew is the runt in the litter so more than likely will try to find a wooler home for her but the little black doe is going to stay at the Haven to make future little ones, and give lots of wool for spinning if she turns out like her mommy.

Ava and Celtic Mist are both bred as well and due in Feb. Ava is Symphanies sister and bred to the same buck. Celtic Mist is a German Hybrid that carries "e" and was bred to Wall Cloud a German Hybrid which also carries "e'' so should have some little torts in that litter.

I am not at all a genetic wiz but I am going to try and figure some of it out so that I can breed for some colors. I love my Giants and Germans but would really like to see some colors in the barn, and really dont want to add a breed just to get some color.

I still have a pair of BEW FA that are free to a good home. The little doe is growing an outstanding coat and is very sweet! I would like to see a better coat on the buck but he does have a very nice body type. These two do not have peds and I am not sure to the exact birth date of them but I am thinking they were born in June of 08. If your interested in adopting them email me at psalms121@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment