Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shearing done!

I was able to finish shearing all my sheep yesterday.  The new clippers from Premier ROCK!  I had such an easier time shearing than with other clippers it was amazing.  Fleeces look so much better than last year as well I am very happy with them and now comes the part trying to figure out what do with all of them!  I have had all year to think about it and have nothing.  Yes only I can do that but I do have a ton of Angora to put with it..  My favorite fleece is a toss up between my Moorit Shetland ewe and my BLF/BL cross ewe, I think she may win once I get them cleaned up and carded.  I also named 2 of the ewes that did not have names before, Big Booty Judy and Fatty Mcgee.  A couple of the ewes need to put on a little and these 2 ewes need some Jenny Craig!

My goal was to have all the wool in my stash carded or spun up before I sheared this spring.  Well that did not exactly happen either.  I still have a one white fleece in my stash, one mohair and some llama.  I did just get back some white yarn that is from one of our ewes and my angoras.  This is the first yarn from only my animals.  I have another batch of Alpaca up at Natural Fiber Works to be spun that will hopefully be back soon.  God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment