Saturday, April 2, 2011

Say Cheese : )

Mona is giving a little over 1/2 gallon of milk a day which is more than I have been using and is stacking up in the fridge.  So tonight I tried my hand at making goat milk cheese.  Actually very easy to do and only took about 30 min.  Will have to let it hang for a while to drain before I can taste it but I can't wait to see how it turns out.


  Mom found the recipe in one of her cook books.  Its hand wrote and in my writing so my guess is I copied it WAY back when I was a freshman in HS and had a Nubian milk goat.  There are also recipes for Yogurt and Butter.  My nephew and brother are asking for milk as well and I wanna make soap,  I think if this keeps up I will need anther goat LOL.  God Bless hope you have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I've made soft cheese with yogurt before, but that's as far as I ever got. You seem to have SO many different interests and talents!!

    ReplyDelete