Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Hat Pattern

This is a new hat pattern I got a couple of weeks ago.  It looks kinda difficult but its all knit and purl stitches and you move the stitch marker to the right and recenter every 4 rows, very simple.  I like knitting hats because they are fast and I dont get bored or loose focus before they are done like I do big projects.
 
This is my yearling ewe Martha.  I am not totally sure what color she is yet but I am thinking Mioget.  Shetland have lots of colors and patterns I am going to have to learn now to.  The little ewe in the back is a black ewe lamb named Chi Chi.  As you can see I did not use sheep jackets this year so I will have lots of picking to do on the fleeces.  I hope to have everyone covered next winter.  God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Dustin - hay should be fed below the shoulder - of the sheep, not you, silly. :^) to keep it from falling into their fleece.
    Also, if you feed only as much as they will eat in a day, they will not pick through, pull out bunches and trample it. Looks like very nice hay - your girls should be very happy with you!
    p.s. - LOVE the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat too. Ravelry for the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa THANKS for the hints!!!! I have implemented your advice already.

    Annette I emailed you the pattern hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. say Dustin...would you email the pattern to me also? I think I would like to try it too.

    ReplyDelete