Sunday, January 1, 2012

More Roving

I just got back from my Vacation in Gatlinburg TN late last night.  I went with some friends of mine to Winter Exteme and had an AMAZING time.  We went 3 days early so we could hang out in Gatlingburg and go to the mountains.  I will try to get some pics posted of the mountains soon.  I need to sort through them first I uploaded over 200 pics from them.  Got to hear some really good speakers and hear some awesome Christian bands as well.

I had a box of roving sitting on my bed when I got home last night.  I had sent this to Wooly Knob Fiber Mill back in June.  It took them a while to get it back to me but I am very pleased with the result.

 
 This is pure Alpaca and some of the softest I have seen in a long time!  I have some fawn from the same breeder at another mill in MI waiting to be spun.  Amazing stuff you have to sink your fingers in this to truly appreciate it.  $4 an ounce
This is the one I have been the most excited about getting back, my bright green sparkling Shetland!  I dyed this different colors of green from Teal to Kelly green and had green firestar blended in.  I typically send my roving to Stonehedge in MI to card but they do not blend in the firestar only pin draft it in so you don't get an even blend.  The guys at Wooly Knob really did an amazing job on this one.  If you like the bright sparkling stop and look at me type of roving you will love this one!  I have this on my wheel right now and it spins nicely.  $3 an ounce.  If your intersted in any of my new roving email me at psalms121@rocketmail.com God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment