Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rovings

I got these new rovings in this week, I am very pleased with the skeins I spun up. This is 2 of the fleeces I picked up at the Greencastle fiber event both came from Westfeild Woolies.

This is 50% Colored Angora and 50% Cormo BL X wool. A very nice soft yet strong yarn with a good amount of halo, and I am in love with the steal gray color. I think this would make some fantastic sock yarn! I have always wanted to spin my own sock yarn once I get brave enough to knit them maybe now its time to give it a go. $3.75 oz plus shipping.

34% Angora blended with Cormo. I dyed several different colors of orange and yellow and had the mill blend them all together with some just the right amount of firestar. The finished yarn is oh so soft would be great for baby cloths or other special projects. $3.50 oz plus shipping. I take paypal, checks, or money orders. Email me at psalms121@rocketmail.com God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Love them both!
    (love you, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange looks like a creamsicle. Like both colors. The pre teen down the street was knitting socks! I told her she would have to teach me. I need to get busy on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you to Lisa! Thanks both for your comments. Annette I thought the same thing about the color. Now I feel like a chicken with your pre teen neighbor knitting socks and I am to chicken to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dustin,
    Where do you send your fiber to get 50% angora roving???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I send everything off to Stonehendge Fiber Mill in MI. They do a wonderful job and if you send it in washed ready to card you get it back in 2-3 weeks. Its great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Dustin, thanks!! I'll go check it out!!

    ReplyDelete