Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Meet Tommy

My friend Joyce came over this weekend and brought Tommy with her. I am hoping in the spring he will mate with my female turkey so we can lots of little turkeys. Its funny as big as he is he is still afraid of my rooster LOL. Since he is too big to fly we put in the chicken house, we didn't want anything to get him, but he is afraid of the rooster so I am going to make him an outside pen with some cattle panels and a calf hut for a house. Then hopefully my hen turkey will fly in with him so he is not lonely.

This weekend Kathy, Joyce, and I will be setting up at the fiber fest in Corydon IN. I have been busy getting my yarns and some roving ready to take along, I decided to part with a little of my Rambouillet Angora blend. I am saving all my white angora to do another blend so I have plenty. I will also have a couple German cross bunnies for sale and an English Angora that belongs to some friends of mine. If you make it to the fest make sure you stop by our booth and say HI! God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Have a good time at the fiber festival this weekend, Dustin! Hope you have a good crowd, and good sales, too! Don't spend all your profits - hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to meet you today Dustin. Loved that big bunny! My sister "may" be convinced I NEED a bunny after all! LOL
    Hope you had a profitable show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Tom turkey. We raised a clutch of wild turkeys once after their nest was disturbed from haying. Only one out of 6 survived to adulthood (they are not terribly smart). We had him for a couple of years. He would eat dog food with our Molly dog and stand alongside her and look in the kitchen window to see what we were up to. It was an odd relationship but charming nonetheless. I hope the fiber fest was fun and productive for you! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete