Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Work Room

We have been very busy the past 2 days cleaning up the "catch all room" and switching it and my bed room.  My bed room was bigger so we traded rooms to have be able to fit everything neatly and still have some place for me to work on all my wool stuff.  I am very pleased with the results!  I have a much smaller room but all my fiber stuff is in other room all set up.  Other than I my wheel which is still in my room since I borrowed my friend Joyce's  loom to see if I like it.  Here are a couple pics from the work room.

This is my work table with all my knitting books, yarns, some of my personal spinning fiber. dyes and all that good stuff.  On the table are some Mohair locks I am going to wash and dye.  The totes underneath are full of Angora and alpaca.
My drum carder which is beside the big table.  Also sitting on this table is my last batch of Goat Milk Soap I made.  Will be ready for use in another month.
Another view of my work table.  My TV and everything is beside it as well.  On the other side of the room is a shelf with dyed wool on it drying and bags of raw fleeces I need to get washed.   There is also a spare bed in this room.  No mattress on it yet so I have another box of wool, mostly llama, and a yet another tote full of alpaca.  My goal before shearing in the spring is to get everything I have either carded in batts or roving or have spun we will see what happens.  I have wool off at 2 mills right now and more to go out soon.  Not seen in these pics are still 2 Rubbermaid storage units on wheels with my needles and more spinning wool.  I think I am a hoarder!  In my defense they are both small units though LOL God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. that is very nice and looks like a productive space. I need a room to hide my fibers from the cats. Lewis Lee the orange tabby in particular is a real rascal when it comes to messing with things he should't. Keep us posted on your weaving progress. I have a lovely 22 inch red oak loom that I've never used. Need to do something about that don't I? Maybe you will be my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete