Saturday, January 22, 2011

What I have been up to lately

Its COLD here in Southeastern Indiana the past couple of days with lots of snow.  Since I am off today I am spending it in the warm till I have to do more tending to the animals.  I got some new roving back from the mill back in Nov but have not got any plied till today.  It is 41% Moorit Shetland, 29% Agouti Angora and 30% Llama from Gama's cria fleece.  If you have never spun Llama wool before its not as soft as Alpaca but it has a slicker feel to it making it more elegant in my opinion.  This being from  a cria fleece is extra soft.   I also made some felted soap bars.  I made 2 with alpaca but only one turned out the way I wanted and I made another with Lincoln sheep wool.  I like the Lincoln the best since it is a little scratchier I think it will work better for a scrubber.  Here is a pic God Bless!
 

3 comments:

  1. I've almost spun the last of my 2 # of roving. Your soap looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the yarn and soap look great!

    Are you vending at Greencastle this year??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny unless I have a bunch of woolers for sale at the time which I dont think I will I wont be setting up. If I did have the woolers I would set up with the Indiana fiber producers booth. I do have a booth at the new one in Charlestown later in April. Did not think I would have enough left to do both. SO I will be there shopping hopefully LOL Hope to see at one or both!

    ReplyDelete