Sunday, December 12, 2010

SHEEP!!!!

Yesterday my parents and I made the long trip up to Fenton MI to pick up a starter flock of Shetland sheep and a couple llamas.  We got them from the lady who runs Kirkshire.  She gave me the 4 llamas because her husband has passed away from cancer and needed to cut down on the amount of critters she was feeding.

The Ram is in the back a black and white Ilget he is a lamb, 2 moorit ewes one is a lamb and one a yearling and a black ewe lamb.  They have been running with the ram all fall so could be bred as well, if so will be my very first spring with lambs.

This is a pic of the 3 female llamas.  I am going to keep the 2 lighter colored llamas and the dark llama in the back is looking for a forever home.  The one is the front is named Yo Momma LOL  So now I have a Llama Gama and a Llama Yo Momma.  Little female in the back I need to name yet.

This is a gelding named Bullet that is looking for a forever home as well.  The other dark llama is his mom so it would be great if they could go together.  I am asking $50 each to help with the cost of gas to MI and back.  All in all we a great trip up there and back yesterday it just made for a very long day.  The good Lord blessed me with amazing parents that went with me and Dad even done all the driving.  Hope you enjoyed the pics God Bless Dustin.  

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I see you will be going "horned." I have some blog-buddies who raise Shetlands and are dedicated to developing lines of "polled" Shetlands, but it's less important to others. There is a big Shetland blog community out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous! I am so excited for you. =) If I had more land I would be interested in a llama or two.

    ReplyDelete